vanguard

General forum for Dark Omen guild members.
EKAna

Postby EKAna » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:07 am

yeah found that out this weekend. Figured I would just do the original first, then buy expansions as I beat each pack. Right now I have a Nec/War who is lvl 7. My brother has played before so he has a 20 ran/mez and now a 6 ele. And his girlfriend is playing with us. I like the game alot, there are somethings I dont care for, but guildwars 2 is supposed to be coming out next year and that game looks like it is going to be awesome! Best part is its still free to play, no monthly fees.

zootner
f***tard

Postby zootner » Tue May 29, 2007 4:33 pm

I'm embarrassed to say this but I actually joined the dark side and just bought WoW, after reading so many stellar reviews of the new expansion I got brainwashed :oops:

EKAna

Postby EKAna » Tue May 29, 2007 4:53 pm

Oh Nos!!! How could you?!?!?

Oh well, guess everyone has to try it at least once.

zootner
f***tard

Postby zootner » Wed May 30, 2007 12:59 pm

I played for the first time last night and made Zootner and Zootnaxe on a RPG server called Scarlet something..I forget the name...Crusade I think. They are a Dwarf and Blood Elf of course, I leveled them both up to lvl 6 or so. It was pretty fun, but then again they all are at first. The game does run smooth as hell on my system with everything cranked up, where as Vanguard ran like a snail. I'll probably try this out for the summer. Guild Wars just gets old quick if your not playing with any set group. Zootner is lvl 13 on there I think.

Brildain

Re: vanguard

Postby Brildain » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:19 pm

dude,

I have Elthor on the azuremyst server, alliance and Corr on shadowsong server, horde.

I have been playing for about 2 months now.

bril

Shevil

Postby Shevil » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:39 am

I like VG.

My system runs it well. I like hunting, I don't much like having to quest to get levels, but when you're with friends it's fun.

A number of old DT came over. I'm 100% done with EQ. I'm just waiting for the wife to be done with it. She's losing that loving feeling with the game. Then it's VG.

PS. I made Shevil on Flame Hammer. DE, get the shit kicked out of me if I go anywhere else in the world. I'm not sure I like the Necro as well in VG but lots of people say they are the bomb diggity on DPS. Time will tell.

Diplomacy... I don't know...

Guild wars, I never tried it. Might for the no-pay-to-play feature... but you're so wishy washy Zoot.... you'd stop playing if there was a beer or a vagina in your face.
~S. :twisted:

EKAna

Postby EKAna » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:12 pm

I liked VG too... except for the fact that it made my PC cry whenever I played it.
I have a P4 3.0Ghz 1mb Cache, 3Gbs DDR2-667 RAM, 7600GT, and a SATA2 Hard Drive, and I still struggled to play it on Balanced. Going to upgrade to a new Core 2 System but am waiting for the 45nm chips to come out.. and for my money tree in the back yard to start working.
Other than that I enjoyed it. I joined up with DT. Had a disciple that I made to lvl 13 (I think).
Now I am playing with Lord of the Rings Online. Like it alot. A bunch of us from work are playing it. I wasn't going to get back into the pay to play games but one of the guys gave me their 10 day free trial key and now I am hooked. I have a dwarf guardian who is like the old tree stump in your back yard that just wont die or go away.
Yeah, EQ just isn't the same anymore. I've tried to get back into it several times, and each time I find I am 4 more expansions behind and all the n00b kiddies are laughing at my gear that used to be top notch.

zootner
f***tard

Postby zootner » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:42 pm

WoW is really fun so far Shev and Ana. Real fun gameplay, now we all just have to get on the same server. I'm itching to try one of their PvP servers. I've only PvPed on the battlegrounds so far on regular servers. The world is friggin huge.

Everything I've read about Vanguard makes me glad I didn't buy it. I've heard LOTR is pretty good but I think I'll be staying in WoW for a while.

EKAna

Postby EKAna » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:42 pm

Well, maybe. Right now though I am on LOTRO for the time being. Dont really want to pay 2 $15 monthly payments. But if this LOTRO thing falls through I might jump back on, just let me know which server you guys are playing at.

Return to “Dark Omen General”