There are no instructions

EverLogs support forum.
Anonymous

There are no instructions

Postby Anonymous » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:35 am

I have just downloaded you program EverLogs and have sadly found that there are no instructions. I have Logging enabeled in EQ but all i get from your program is a gray screen. I have loaded the log file and it even says complete but still nothing but gray. I have searched your Website to no with no luck finding even the smallest amount of instructions. Does this program do anything? :(

Skurge

Postby Skurge » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:47 am

There isn't much other than turning logging for EQ on and having your folders correctly configured. If you have both of these things done, then EverLogs should run. If I were to guess, it is one of 2 things: you don't have logging on or your log path does not point to your EQ folder.

I'm getting the same thing as you describe on my work system which does not have logging turned on for EQ. Just verify that logging is on in EQ by typing /log next time you login. Also check your EQ folder for eqlog_##_charname.txt files, this is how log files are named.

File menu | configure

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:48 pm

I am having a problem with the new version and not sure what is up: I have been using this program since my characters were pups. I always have it read in the log file then delete the log file (I would have a few gigs of log file if I kept em all).

In the EverTools directory I have many EQcharinfo.## files. But when I go to run the program now It does not show any of my previous data files. When I pick \"Open Data Files\" option nothing happens at all.

God I hope it has not eaten all that historical data.

My log files have reached 100meg again and I want to run em through so I can delete them but I think that will totally over write the old data.

Skurge

Postby Skurge » Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:20 pm

The most current file would be called eqcharinfo.dat. the ### ones are backups from previous versions. I would make sure that the .dat version of the file exists. And I would also confirm that the data dir is pointing to the correct directory.

One thing you could do is check the ### ones and the date of the files. Whenever there is a format change, it renames the old file to the version it came from. You can rename the one with the most current date to .dat and start from there, this will create a little gap in your logs. Without knowing your setup, this is all I can do to help for now.

-Curdardh

I have logs going back to 3/27/2000 and it's only 711mb. =)

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:36 pm

Perfect, this is exactly what I needed to know. I just renamed EQCharInfo.028 to EQCharInfo.dat and everything was back to normal.

Thanks so much for this wonderful program by the way, saves me lot of time when Im looking to buy stuff and dont want to search every merchant.

Skurge

Postby Skurge » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:33 pm

Great. Did you upgrade from version 2.8 to 3.1?

Return to “EverLogs Support”